What is Rolfing
Rolfing is a form of hands on body work that aims to align the body vertically. The work is deep enough to release skeletal musculat tension and can lead to relief of long standing tension and neuroses.
Who are You?
The primary practitioner at Balanced in Gravity is Beth Pagel. You can find out more by clicking the button below.
HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
You can make an appointment by contacting me directly at 612-548-4325 with a text or call, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the button below.
Where are you located?
WHAT should you EXPECT Before the appointment?
Please plan to arrive slightly early for each of your sessions. Any amount of time you are late up to 30 minutes will be lost from your session time. A failed or missed appointment without a 24 hour or prior cancellation will be billed the full rate for the session because I will have been unable to schedule another client in that short of notice.
Please print and complete these forms and bring them to your first session so we may begin working during your scheduled time. If you have any pertinent medical records or a list of medications you are taking, please feel free to include that information.
What should you expect during the appointment?
At the the beginning of your appointment, we will complete or review any necessary paperwork. If you feel that medical records are pertinent to your condition, please bring them and I will do what I can to customize your treatment plan. We will discuss your goals for the series and what is realistically attainable from my work.
What should you Wear?
For each and every session, please wear comfortable and conservative undergarments or a bathing suit. Men are recommended to wear briefs, boxer briefs or swim trunks. Boxers are not suggested.
Women should wear a comfortable bra (not T-back sports bra as I will work on your back and this inhibits my access to the area between the shoulder blades) and briefs, hip hugger, or boyshort style underwear. If you choose to wear a two piece bathing suit, please make sure that your midsection is accessible and visible.
If your skin is freshly showered or dry, please use a non-greasy lotion for your comfort.
WHAT is the typical body response?
My sessions are scheduled to last up to 75 minutes for each client. Some people's nervous systems may become overwhelmed by the nature of the work and/or length of the sessions. Please note that I will monitor your body as I am working on it and the estimation of a 75 minute appointment is not a definite amount of time for your session, like is common in massage.
Are there any guarantees?
I cannot make any promises that my sessions will reduce or eliminate your pain, headaches, tension or any other symptoms you might be seeking my services for. Unfortunately, Rolfing is sometimes sought as a last resort, after clients have been through pharmaceutical and surgical interventions and I cannot turn back the clock on all previous therapies. Some people respond better to the work than others and I cannot place enough emphasis on what self care and stress management can do to compliment the Rolfing process.
If you are unsure whether Rolfing with me is right for you, please consider committing to a minimum of three sessions to allow your body to begin to open up and accept the changes. At that time if you have hesitations of completing your Ten Series, please discuss your concerns with me and we can find a compromise.
WHAT about children?
If your child is under age 12, a session will run half of the time and will be half of my normal session fee. Adolescents age 12-18 are regular time and fee because of their size. Children are worked on clothed in shorts and a tank or tee, I personally prefer that they do not present for their appointment in less attire than that. I always want parents to know that I will put their child's safety and comfort as my utmost priority. Rolfing a child can in some ways prove to be preventative because they don't grow and reinforce old patterns of injury and compensation and drive it deeper into the body's nervous system.
Does rolfing hurt?
Rolfing can be uncomfortable in areas of fascial adhesions (tension), but it is my priority to make you as much at ease with the work as I can. We will have open communication about what is working for you during the appointment.
WHO IS A CANIDATE?
I do not have a typical client. They come from all walks of life, but what they have in common is a desire to change their body for the better.
- Age infant to in their 90s
- Repetitive stress
- Students, cubicle dwellers, construction/laborers, travelling and executives
- Athletes/yogis to couch potatoes
- Musical and theatrical performers
- Men, women and children
- Believers in Western Medicine, Believers in Eastern Medicine
- Anyone wanting taller, easier posture without straining or forcing to achieve it
WHAT CAN ROLFING HELP?
Rolfing can help a multitude of things within your body. Just a few of them are:
- Back & Neck Pain, Headaches, Scoliosis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- TMD/TMJ (Temporomandibular Disorder)
- Sciatica, Piriformis Syndrome
- Knee, Hip, Ankle, Shoulder or Elbow Problems
- Plantar Fasciitis/Bunions/Hammertoes
- High Heel & Flip Flop Wearers
- Workman Comp Claimants
- Auto Injuries/Traumas/Scar Tissue Reduction
- Improved Breathing
- Better Flexibility, Improved Posture and Balance
- Athletic Performance (Ten Series best completed in off season)
- Pregnancy Preparation or Recovery, Pelvic Floor Conditions (Male and Female)
- Feeling That Your Body Is "Old" or "Wearing Down"
- Traumatic Births of Children - Child and/or Mother Can Receive Rolfing
- Many Clients Appear Taller and Slimmer Looking After the 10 Series and Report Better Tone of Tissue
WHAT SHOULD I LET YOU KNOW BEFORE I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
Please call 612-548-4325 before booking your first session if you have any of the following
- Autoimmune disorders (Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Scleroderma, Ankylosing Spondylitis)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Bone Fractures (Within 6 Weeks to 3 Months of Incident)
- Hodgkin's Disease/Leukemia/Cancers (Within the Last 2 Years)
- Transmissible Infections or Diseases
- Moderate to Severe Osteoporosis
- Embolism/Thrombus (Blood Clots) or Phlebitis (Inflammation of Veins)
- Aneurysm or Stroke
- Any other condition you are curious about on my end or feel your MD/NP/PA would prefer you to have clearance to receive the series.
What about PAYMENT AND INSURANCE?
Payment is due at the time of your appointment. My session fee is $125, which includes tax and fees if you pay for each session individually. You have the option to prepay your 10 Series (remainder of $1,125 by the third session) and you will save $125, or get the equivalent of a session for free. Tipping is not necessary because my fee is my professional Rolfing Structural Integration rate.
The following forms of payment are accepted:
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express
If you wish to submit your Rolfing® charges to your insurance or Flex/Health Savings Account for reimbursement, you are welcome to do so on your own behalf. I can provide you a receipt of payment and services rendered. You may wish to seek a prescription from your doctor and/or contact your insurance company for their policies in the event you are unsure whether Rolfing is a reimbursable medical expense for your plan coverage option.
If your check or payment for any reason is invalid, you will be subject to reimburse Balanced In Gravity, LLC any incurred expenses for recovering your payment from any financial institutions or otherwise.
Balanced In Gravity, LLC cannot guarantee that you will be reimbursed by your insurance plan for any services provided related to Rolfing. You are responsible for payment regardless of your insurance coverage.